SafetyMate™ is designed specifically as a free solution to compliment the health and safety advice and practical health and safety training of Epica Health, Safety & Wellbeing. For more information on SafetyMate™ and how it can help your business contact Epica today 0151 448 7940
Health and Safety in the Workplace Level 2 Award
£95.00This qualification is aimed at all employees and provides essential knowledge and understanding of health and safety in the workplace.
Who needs this qualification?
Anyone in a work environment.
Why is this qualification important?
Employers have a moral and legal obligation to keep their people healthy and safe. Employees have a moral and legal obligation to keep themselves and others healthy and safe.
• The main duties of employers and employees
• Consequences of non-compliance with health and safety legislation
• Requirements for training and competence
• The ways in which health and safety information can be communicated
• Definitions of ‘hazard’ and ‘risk’
• The main hazards found in a range of workplaces
• How hazards can cause harm
• The common causes of workplace accidents and ill-health
• The process for carrying out a risk assessment
• How risk assessments can be used to reduce accidents and ill-health
• The risk control hierarchy
• Risk controls for common workplace hazards
• Arrangements for emergencies and first aid
• The importance of recording all incidents, accidents and ill-health
• Actions to be taken following an incident.
• 30 multiple choice questions (45 minutes)
• Pass mark 20 out of 30.